I am excited to announce that my videos on Chinese Learning Series have started! I am using the book series on 四五快读. We are now at Book 3.
Having gone through book 1 and 2, I am more confident in creating connections to the characters meaningfully. I have heard that the book gets harder as the characters become more abstract. Therefore, I will try my best to help my kids learn through either one or more of the following;
- Contextual sentences
- Physical references
Disclaimer: I am Not a chinese teacher. However, I try my best to teach creatively with whatever ideas I have. This is an effort to enhance my kids’ learning experience and make meaningful/contextual connections to a chinese character.
If there is any error in my teaching, I welcome the feedback for correction. To the Chinese educators, 请多多指教，谢谢! I hope that this series can spark interest and help parents whose kids struggle in this area to have the confidence in injecting more fun to remember and learn this beautiful language.
The best thing about this series I think, it opens up a fresh new way of approaching Chinese. Along the way, my kids begin to pick up this strategy and become creative in coming up with their own actions or relevant ideas that relate to the word/character. This strategy injects a new enthusiasm even in my no.2 who used to fear learning new words. Nowadays, my boys automatically brainstorm their own connections. When they forget the new word, I would re-enact their idea and ‘Eureka’ moments occur. The increased efficiency in recalling new words produces quite surprising results.
At the end of the day, we still have to rely on hard work in memorising and retaining of any language through frequent application. By training my kids this method of learning their chinese words, it gives them a creative and fun way to scaffold their chinese learning. I started this method 2 years ago and see the benefits for especially hands on kids.
Let me know if you find this series beneficial?
More on other Chinese learning posts:
- Top 3 English and Chinese Reading Choices by my Three kids
- Spark Joy in Chinese Learning through Audio Books (Ximalaya)
- Free printable: Chinese Characters Illustrations Series 1
- Free printable: Chinese Characters Illustrations Series 2
- Free printable: Chinese Characters Illustrations Series 3
- Learn Chinese with inspiring biographoes, comical chickens and more
- Nightly Routine of reading Chinese Chapter books
- Our Favourite Chinese Picture Books
- Review of Chinese Comics, Chapter Books and More
- Resourceful Ways to Help Children Learn Chinese (四五快读 and More)
- Chinese Learning Video Series
- 47 Chinese Qns to ask instead of How was your day?
- Learning Chinese through a Chinese Translating App
- Chinese Copy Cat 1
- Growing In Touch with being a Chinese
For more of GrowingHearts, come join us at our FaceBook, Or follow us at Instagram. Lastly, you can also subscribe by entering your e-mail in the box on the top right side bar to receive notifications of new posts by email.