As a visual arts person, I am Big on visual memories and it is natural that I desire to leave lasting momentos to my children for their keepsake. We had baby milestones and now, why not teenage milestone? It just so happens that PSLE is a huge thing in Singapore, and the post-PSLE period includes a 3 months long ‘freedom from academics’ period. Of course, kids still go to school but their afternoons would be pretty free from the stress of homework?!
We see time as a precious commodity in this opportunity-filled period. We shared feedback on youths who wished they could spend time more meaningfully during this window of time HERE. In this post, I will be listing a few momentos we did for my eldest last year. I will be updating this blog with my middle child’s gifts and catered field trip later on.
Personalised Blank Journal Book
This is a word document of the verses and encouragement which I cut out and paste into the blank pages of Bao’s journal this year. You can download it and add in your own quotes and scriptures too. I pray this will be a good visual reminder of God’s living words and an encouragement for the reading and journaling heart!
Photo Collage of Artworks and Processes printed book
Engraved G Shock Watch
Pa Ma Love AY (PMLAY) – Philippians 4:13 was the scripture verse engraved on his newly mint Gshock watch as a gift. ‘I can do all things through [f]Christ who strengthens me.’
New Sports Shoes for growing feet
A Secondhand mobile phone
Our children do not own a mobile device until post PSLE or when we deem the child mature enough to handle it together with us. Today we sat down and spoke to Bao about our mobile agreement. This will be another post. For now, we are looking forward to the Father and son staycation, which was also done for our eldest last year, while I will take the other siblings under my wings and discuss on how we can be better siblings and understand another sibling’s transition. Perhaps, this time, Yi can offer his experience and share with his sister and me more about how we can grow in understanding for each other.
Meanwhile, HAPPY CHILDREN’S DAY! They have only these 12years to be children! Let’s treasure and make them count! : )
For more posts on PSLE thoughts
- Papa shares his staycation time with our 12yo son
- How to help our Post PSLE son transit to teenagehood?
- Counting up blessings to PSLE
For more parenting posts on
For more posts on English Learning
- Rib-tickling Creative Doddling Games
- Read to Me Campaign
- The Write Connection
- Current Affairs
- Preschool English Lapbooking
For more posts on Chinese Learning
- Top 3 English and Chinese Reading Choices by my Three kids
- Spark Joy in Chinese Learning through Audio Books (Ximalaya)
- Free printable: Chinese Characters Illustrations Series 1
- Free printable: Chinese Characters Illustrations Series 2
- Free printable: Chinese Characters Illustrations Series 3
- Learn Chinese with inspiring biographoes, comical chickens and more
- Nightly Routine of reading Chinese Chapter books
- Our Favourite Chinese Picture Books
- Review of Chinese Comics, Chapter Books and More
- Resourceful Ways to Help Children Learn Chinese (四五快读 and More)
- Chinese Learning Video Series
- 47 Chinese Qns to ask instead of How was your day?
- Learning Chinese through a Chinese Translating App
- Chinese Copy Cat 1
- Growing In Touch with being a Chinese
For more posts on Learning
- Home-based Learning Loving & Home-based loving learning
- Process of education starts from the heart of our home
- For what is worth in our academic pursuits?
- New Routine: Interest based 1 to 1 and chinese reading habits
- Teach the art of learning to learn?
- How do I maintain creativity in kids?
- Moving Minds, Heartening Hearts
- A loss nothing compared to gains in Sept Hols
- The heArt of growth mindset
- The heArt of growth mindset: I can learn anything!
- Smile it’s Exams! Great time to grow and glow!
- Raising motivated kids
- Small spaces for 3 growing hearts
- Younger Peek-a-day! Routine
If you enjoyed the post, help share this post and follow our journey at
I have also written a book on Growing Hearts.
It encourages mothers to grow in their walk with God and grow the children’s hearts in the Lord. It includes postcards consisting of paintings and scriptures. Do click on the link for more details.
For more parenting posts on